Olive Harvest & Wine: 4 Day Mini Break
Come and discover this beautiful region of Southern Italy with us!
All inclusive 4 day olive oil harvest and wine mini break takes place Thursday 24th – Sunday 27th November and provides a fantastic introduction to the delights of Puglia. Prices from €555!!!
Come and experience the joy of making Puglia’s world famous extra virgin olive oil and take some of this liquid gold home with you, to amaze your friends with!
Roll-up your sleeves and have fun harvesting olives using centuries old, traditional methods – before watching some of the other ways that technology is now assisting the process.
Visit a local family-owned frantoio (olive oil mill) and marvel as your olives are turned into extra virgin olive oil! Sample your freshly pressed olive oil and compare this to the frantoio’s flagship oils which includes some amazing flavoured varieties.
You will also discover some of the best wines of Puglia with us. We have personally sampled and hand picked a variety of interesting and beautiful vineyards for you, to showcase the indigenous grape varieties of this amazing wine growing region. You will be able to taste and compare the most well know varieties such as Primitivo di Manduria and Negroamaro as well as lesser known varieties like Aglianico and Susumaniello.
- Throughout your mini break you will discover some of the secrets of this relatively undiscovered heel of Puglia.
- Off the beaten-track you’ll sample some of the best Extra Virgin Olive Oil of this region!
- Marvel as your olives are transformed into ‘liquid gold’ (olive oil!).
- Enjoy a relaxing afternoon under the shade of the olive trees, whilst listening and watching traditional Pizzica music and dancing and taste some of Puglia’s award winning wines.
- Learn how to make the local pasta, Orecchiette, from Mamma.
- You will meet the winemakers, who pour their heart and soul into producing the highest quality wine, whilst practising organic methods of winemaking.
- Taste wines at an impressive 16th Century Castle.
- Visit the beautiful “White City” of Ostuni, with its stunning views over the coastline of the Adriatic Sea.
Plus much more, see our full itinerary for full details.
This all-inclusive holiday can be as relaxing or active as you wish. It’s your holiday, so you can choose to opt-in or out of any planned activities.
Guests also have the opportunity to extend their visit (either before or after their chosen mini break) and relax in one of the stylish and spacious apartments at our historic 17th century farmhouse.